The application for the popular Jumping Jack program is now available. The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events began accepting completed applications on Wednesday, April 1. Jumping Jack inflatables are available on a first-come, first-served basis on Saturdays and Sundays ONLY, beginning May 23 through August 30, 2015. You can print the application from the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events website or pick them up at your local Alderman office.
Please note that rules and regulations have changed significantly for the season:
- Inflatables will only be provided to residential block parties within the city limits of Chicago. Events on private property, in parks, in forest preserves, private parties, birthday parties, schools and festivals are not eligible to apply.
- Inflatables are for outdoor use only and can only be set up on pavement, asphalt or concrete.
- Applicants will receive notification by email or phone on the status of their request. The contracted provider will call to set up deliveries.
- Approved block parties will receive an inflatable for (4) hours between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm on the scheduled day. Actual hours will be determined by availability. Only one inflatable will be delivered to a requesting block party.
- Generators are not provided. It is the responsibility of the requesting party to supply electrical power (120 watts) to operate the inflatable within 100 ft of the inflatable.
- All parked vehicles must be removed from the location of the inflatable. Applicants are responsible for securing all necessary street closure permits from the 7th Ward Public Service Office.
Take the time now to plan a block party and reserve the Jumping Jack from the City of Chicago.